Route Transfer Changes to Benefit GREAT Bus Riders
Post Date:04/10/2017 9:45 AM
GREENVILLE, N.C. - The City of Greenville has made some changes to its Greenville Area Transit (GREAT) transfer policies that officials say will benefit riders by providing shorter ride times throughout the city.
Beginning April 10, riders can transfer from one bus to another at any stop in the city where routes overlap as long as they are transferring during the allotted one-hour time frame. Previously, riders could only transfer at the Reade Circle transfer area, the Greenville Mall, and Pitt Community College.
"After speaking with our riders about ways we could improve services and evaluating the current routes, we decided to open up the transfer policy," GREAT Transit Manager Lamont Jackson said. "By doing so, we think that we will decrease ride times for our passengers by an average of 30 minutes."
Transfer locations will now include the following:
- Greenville Mall (Routes 1 & 5)
- Pitt Community College (Routes 3 & 6)
- Walmart on Hooker Road (Routes 3 & 6)
- Along the route between Dickinson Avenue and Greenville Boulevard (Routes 3 & 6)
- On Wellness Drive near Johns Hopkins Road (Routes (2 & 6)
- Between Wellness Drive and Stantonsburg Road (Routes 2 & 6)
- Stantonsburg Road and Memorial Drive (Routes 2 & 6)