In an effort to accurately gauge satisfaction levels and perceptions of City services, the City of Greenville conducted a Citizens Survey in 2013 and 2016. The survey allows the City to accurately gather information from its residents about their priorities; identifies what the City is doing well and where it needs to improve; and helps City Council and staff develop priorities for where to focus efforts and resources.
The survey is the most accurate way for the City to hear from a large number of residents across the city and all demographics about what is important to them and how they want their tax dollars spent. 871 people completed the survey, with enough data to create scientifically valid results across race, age, income, and geography.
Results from 2016 were compared with 2013 to see how well the City government is improving to meet the needs and desires of the residents. They were also compared to other university cities as well as regional and national survey results.
Below are the results of the 2016 survey, which concluded December 9, 2016. These results are available in charts and spreadsheets with responses mapped using GIS technology. An overview was presented to the City Council at their January 12, 2017 meeting.
- Overall, residents give high marks for satisfaction with the customer service provided by City staff.
- 75% gave satisfied ratings for Customer Service (well above university community, regional, and national averages)
- Greenville scored above the regional and national averages of percentage of residents who are satisfied with the overall quality of the services the City provides
- Major service areas with the HIGHEST satisfaction ratings:
- Fire / Rescue / EMS
- Sanitation services (trash, recycling, and yard waste collection)
- Customer Service provided by the City
- Most important focus areas
- Infrastructure (streets, sidewalks, parking lots, etc.)
- Public Safety
- Economic Development
- Section 1 - Executive Summary
- Section 2 - Charts and Graphics
- Section 3 - Importance_Satisfaction Analysis
- Section 4 - Benchmarking Data
- Section 5 - GIS Mapping
- Section 6 - Cross Tab by Age and Number of Years Lived in Greenville
- Section 7 - Cross Tab by Race/Ethnicity, Income, and Gender
- Section 8 - Tabular Data
- Section 9 - Survey Instrument