- Mar 24 Happy Friday! For every person killed by a red light runner, hundreds more are injured! Let's make this weekend a safe one! Practice safe and defensive driving and remember to always stop on red! #RespectTheRed
- Mar 23 Pleased to announce the return of the Celebration of Youth Expression for a third year! May 20 at Town Common.
- Mar 23 In case you missed it, Greenville residents have a new stretch of greenway to enjoy. http://ow.ly/2MlZ30abpoR
- Mar 22 CORRECTION: Today's ribbon cutting for the Green Mill Run Greenway is on the Evans Street entrance near Clifton Street.
- Mar 22 Play a role in improving safety for pedestrians and motorists in Greenville.
- Mar 22 We will formally open Phase 2 of the Green Mill Run Greenway with a ribbon cutting today at 4 PM near the Blount Complex, 100 Curry Court.
The City of Greenville is a supporter of the United Way of Pitt County. Each year, initiatives are held to raise money for the organization that supports the community in numerous ways.
Recently, the City's United Way Committee organized a barbeque cooking contest and plate sale to raise funds for the City's United Way campaign. City departments competed for the prize of best barbeque, and the community benefited from their efforts with both a good lunch and a charitable contribution. In the end, the Public Works Department claimed the pig-cooking prize.
Earlier this year, the committee participated in a Day of Caring. Participants spent time at the Pitt County Council on Aging where they conversed and played games with some of the Council's members before traveling to the Food Bank of Eastern Carolina to organize inventory and prepare food for distribution to those in need.