- May 23 Pleased to host J.H. Rose High School students this morning for an overview of City government with City Manager Barbara Lipscomb.
- May 22 Depending on weight, you can burn 215-500 calories during a 30-minutes bike ride. (Based on 10 mph, the average pace). #NationalBikeMonth
- May 21 You have less than a month to practice your dance moves. The Greenville Grooves Music Festival returns June 17! http://ow.ly/d/6lqX
- May 20 Today is the day we celebrate the talents of youth in our area. Be a part of the Celebration of Youth Expression at Town Common 5:30-8:30 PM
- May 19 Join us tomorrow at the Aquatics & Fitness Center for Family Fun Day! 10 AM-2 PM. Come experience the fun side of fitness!
- May 19 We've launched a new online mapping tool. Use it to locate specific addresses/streets or find zoning info, and more. http://ow.ly/UwjZ30bSa7B
The City of Greenville is a supporter of the United Way of Pitt County. Each year, initiatives are held to raise money for the organization that supports the community in numerous ways.
Recently, the City's United Way Committee organized a barbeque cooking contest and plate sale to raise funds for the City's United Way campaign. City departments competed for the prize of best barbeque, and the community benefited from their efforts with both a good lunch and a charitable contribution. In the end, the Public Works Department claimed the pig-cooking prize.
Earlier this year, the committee participated in a Day of Caring. Participants spent time at the Pitt County Council on Aging where they conversed and played games with some of the Council's members before traveling to the Food Bank of Eastern Carolina to organize inventory and prepare food for distribution to those in need.