- Jun 26 The City Council will hold a special meeting tonight at 8 p.m., in the Council Chambers, to accept the resignation of Mayor Allen Thomas.
- Jun 25 Cool temperatures and great Blue Grass this evening at Sunday in the Park ft. The Old Grey Suits.
- Jun 25 These streets may be impacted by road work 6/26-30: Country Club, Gville Blvd., Memorial, Peed, Rollins, Belvedere, Lindinwood, Victoria.
- Jun 22 Come check out the Old Grey Suits this weekend at Town Common!!
- Jun 22 Bradford Creek is pleased to be hosting nearly 100 talented golfers for the Coastal Plains Junior Open today and tomorrow. Just teed off!
- Jun 20 Road work will impact the following streets June 19-23: Country Club, Thackery, Oxford, Van Nortwick, Mooring, Rollins, & Peed. #planahead
The City of Greenville is a supporter of the United Way of Pitt County. Each year, initiatives are held to raise money for the organization that supports the community in numerous ways.
Recently, the City's United Way Committee organized a barbeque cooking contest and plate sale to raise funds for the City's United Way campaign. City departments competed for the prize of best barbeque, and the community benefited from their efforts with both a good lunch and a charitable contribution. In the end, the Public Works Department claimed the pig-cooking prize.
Earlier this year, the committee participated in a Day of Caring. Participants spent time at the Pitt County Council on Aging where they conversed and played games with some of the Council's members before traveling to the Food Bank of Eastern Carolina to organize inventory and prepare food for distribution to those in need.