The Planning Division serves as the administrative and technical coordinator for land development and zoning requests throughout the city's 65-square-mile planning jurisdiction. The Planning Division provides administrative and technical support to:
- Planning and Zoning Commission, Application Deadlines and Meeting Dates,
Staff Liaison - Chantae Gooby, Planner II, 252.329.4507, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Board of Adjustment, Application Deadlines and Meeting Dates
Staff Liaison - Elizabeth Blount, CZO, Planner II, 252.329.4608, email@example.com
- Historic Preservation Commission, Application Deadlines and Meeting Dates
Staff Liaison - Collette Kinane, Planner II, 252.329.4486, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subdivision Review Board, Application Deadlines and Meeting Dates
Staff Liaison - Mike Dail, CZO, Lead Planner, 252.329.4116, email@example.com
- Community Appearance Commission, Meeting Dates
Staff Liaison - Domini Cunningham, Planner I, 252.329.4512, firstname.lastname@example.org
- City Council
Phone Numbers by Planning Activity
Planning Division staff members assist developers and citizens in the submission, analysis, recommendation and approval of development proposals and plans. You are encouraged to download and review applications relevant to your inquiry prior to contacting staff members. Most frequently requested applications may be quickly retrieved by selecting blue titles below that proceed staff members' names whom administer each planning activity. Less frequently requested documents are also available to download by selecting the tab in the left margin entitled, "Plans, Maps and Applications."
- Application to Report a Zoning Complaint
- Variances, Special Use Permits, and Temporary Activity Permits, contact Elizabeth Blount, CZO, Planner II, at 252.329.4608, email@example.com
- Signage Permits (Sign Ordinance), Temporary Sign Applications, Zoning Complaints, and Zoning Certification Letters, contact Domini Cunningham, Planner I, Zoning Enforcement Officer, at 252.329.4512, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Site Plans and Subdivisions, contact Mike Dail, CZO, Lead Planner at 252.329.4116, email@example.com
- Rezonings and Annexations, contact Chantae Gooby, Planner II at 252.329.4507, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning Division Review of Residential Building Permits, Historic Preservation and Facade Improvement Grants, contact Collette Kinane, Planner II at 252.329.4486, email@example.com
- Geographic Information System (GIS) and Maps, contact Patrick House, GISP, GIS Technician at 252.329.4236, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text Amendments, contact Tom Weitnauer, AICP, Chief Planner 252.329.4511, email@example.com
If you do not see a planning-related activity listed above that you want to discuss, please contact Amy Nunez, Staff Support Specialist II, for assistance, 252.329-4498, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Horizons 2026: Greenville's Community Plan is Greenville's long-range comprehensive plan, which includes land use, transportation, recreation and parks, historic preservation and environmental protection goals and policies. In addition to the online digital version, information of how to order copies of Horizons 2026 and where printed copies are available for view is available in the tab, "Plans, Maps and Applications". Enlargement of the Future Land Use and Character Map.
After the American Legal website opens, refer to Title 9, Chapters 4 and 5. *NOTE: The Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances posted online do not incorporate recently adopted ordinances listed below:
- Ord. 16-051, 08/18/16, Requires the City to advertise preliminary plat reviews;
- Ord. 16-054, 09/08/16, Allows rooftop decks on nonconforming uses in the Downtown Commercial zoning district; and
- Ord. 16-066, 12/08/16, Adds placement and aesthetic review criteria for distributed antenna systems.
Planning and Development Activities Reports