The Fire Prevention Bureau has received numerous state awards for the outstanding efforts made to educate the public about fire prevention and protecting life and property. Included in these awards is the Award of Excellence from the NC Department of Insurance Fire & Life Safety Division. Outreach programs benefit the school system, day care facilities, civic groups and ECU students by encouraging fire safety and prevention practices. All Greenville residents can receive assistance in the installation of a smoke alarm and in approved circumstances, a free smoke detector through the Code Red Smoke Alarm Program.
Fire Marshal Battalion Chief Bryant Beddard
- "Code Red" Smoke Alarm Program
- Business Inspections
- Fire Prevention Presentations
- Station Tours
- Inflatable Fire Safety House
- Child Safety Seat Installation: Caregivers can stop by any of the six Fire/Rescue stations to have a trained staff member assist in the installation of a child safety seat. GFR does not participate in the car seat ticket reduction program or distribute car seats. For more information on either of those programs, please call Safe Kids at (252) 847-8688.
Life Safety Links
- Emergency Preparedness
- Hurricane Preparedness-Documentation
- Child Safety Tips
- Home Safety Tips
- Grill Safety Tips
- Tech Ready
For more information, please call (252) 329-4679 or email FireRescueRequests@greenvillenc.gov.