The Administrative Division, led by the Director of Community Development, provides the overall oversight and supervision of activities of the Community Development Department. The Division develops the departmental budget, policies, operating procedures. The Administrative Division advises the City Council, the City Manager, and the Planning & Zoning Commission on planning-related activities. For an overview of the department's structure, see our organization chart.
The Administrative Division serves the Department's administrative needs and provides overall supervision to the five divisions which make up the department. The Administrative Division manages budget, personnel, and various development activities for each division.
In addition to overseeing Code Enforcement, Housing, Inspections, and Planning Divisions, the Administrative Division is directly responsible for the oversight of the following:
- Submittal of City Council monthly Agenda items
- Completion of the Department’s Budget
- Management and update of the Horizons Comprehensive Plan
- Consolidated Plan
- Partnerships with for-profit and non-profit developers
- Redevelopment Plan
- Revitalization Programs (see Housing)
- Human Relations Council
The Neighborhood Improvement Grants were developed to encourage neighborhood associations to carry out projects that will benefit the entire neighborhood. Application deadlines are listed below.
- Fall submission period: July 1 - October 15 (Award in October)
- Spring submission period: January 1 - March 1 (Award in May)