The City of Greenville is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and take appropriate steps to limit the spread of the virus. City offices are currently open from 9 a.m.-noon on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and from 1 p.m.-5 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
For details on the latest information about the State's Safer at Home Order and its impact to City programs and services, click here. For the latest information from the Pitt County Health Department, click here.
Who should I contact about business licenses updates?
Contact the Collections division at 252.329.6884.
Where can I park if I am disabled and work downtown?
The individual can use their handicapped placard to park in a 2-hour parking zone with No Restriction to the time limits. The handicap placard must be displayed to comply with this provision. This restriction also applies to the handicap spaces-No Time Restrictions with displayed placard.
What is the process if I receive a ticket and my vehicle was towed?
The Parking Ticket cannot be appealed through the normal process if a towing has occurred. The Offender will have to appeal the towing at the Pitt County Magistrate's Office. If the Magistrate rule in favor of the offender, contact Code Enforcement at 252.329.4237 to complete the appeals process.
What is the City's Bond Rating?
The City's bond ratings are "Aa2" and "AA" from national credit rating agencies Moody's and S&P, respectively.
What is the Sales Tax?
Breakdown 4.75%,State, 2.25%, Pitt County total 7.00%.
Contact the Purchasing Office at (252) 329-4462. Some bid packages may be available on-line and others may not.
How do I become certified through the City's MWBE Program?
You must complete an MWBE Application. The application can be downloaded and printed from this website. The application may be faxed, mailed or emailed; however, any additional comments requested must be received in order to process the application.
How do I get on the City's bid list?
You must complete a Vendor_Application. You may download and/or print the vendor application from this website. The application must then be emailed or faxed to the Purchasing Manager.