Greenville, NCHome Menu
Apply For An Internship
An internship with the City of Greenville offers the opportunity to learn the complexities of municipal government and contribute to the management of projects important to the operation and growth of the City. The City Manager's Office Management Internship may be a paid or unpaid internship, may be completed for course credit, and may consist of up to 400 contact hours generally in the May-August timeframe.
The internship’s purpose is to give graduate students with an expressed interest in local government management the chance to explore the field in a work setting. This program allows interns to take what they have learned about public service, management, and research in the classroom, and apply those lessons to significant City projects in order to further prepare for a career in the public sector.
The City of Greenville benefits from the projects completed by the Management Intern, while the Management Intern benefits from the knowledge and guidance of experienced local government staff.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- City Manager's Office Internship Application (Click here for a copy of the application)
- Cover letter explaining areas of professional interest, planned career path, and how experience as a City of Greenville Management Intern fits into your career
- Identification of your strengths and weaknesses in a professional context
- Explanation of why you chose the City of Greenville for your internship
- Resume and two references
Applications for the summer of 2023 will be accepted by the City Manager’s Office until February 28, 2023.
Submissions are accepted by mail, personal delivery, email, or fax.
City of Greenville
Assistant City Manager
Attn: Management Internship Program
PO Box 7207
Greenville, NC 27835
Management Interns are chosen on a competitive basis. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Applications and supplemental materials will be reviewed following the application deadline, and qualified applicants will be selected to interview for the position.