- Cablecasting of City Council, Planning & Zoning Commission, Board of Adjustment, Affordable Housing Loan Committee, and the Historic Preservation Commission meetings.
- Announcements of City meetings, events, services, and job opportunities
- City closings, delays, and holiday schedules
- Safety and crime prevention tips
- Recreation and Parks programs
- Recycling and sanitation information
- Videos of special City events
- Arts programming
- Other special government-related announcements and events
GTV9 and its programs have won state and national awards from the North Carolina City and County Communicators (NC3C) and the City, County, Communications and Marketing Association (3CMA), including the prestigious Savvy award. While awards are nice confirmation of the quality of services we provide, the purpose of GTV9 is to serve as an outlet for the dissemination of information on City programs and services. Information about county, state, and federal government programs and services which may affect or be of special interest to Greenville citizens may also appear on this channel. GTV-9 does not present or contain any information relating to non-government groups or events, such as private/corporate businesses, religious groups, etc.
The Public Information Officer is responsible for GTV9 messages and programming. Please call (252) 329-4131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with comments or questions regarding GTV-9.
GTV Meeting Broadcast Schedule
- City Council: Second Thursday of each month, Monday before the second Thursday of each month, and the second Monday following the Thursday meeting at 6 p.m. Additionally, a workshop is broadcast on the second Monday following the Thursday meeting at 4 p.m. Replays for meetings are broadcast at 1 a.m., 12 p.m., 7 p.m. and other times as schedule allows.
- Affordable Housing Loan Committee: Second Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m. and other times as schedule allows.
- Board of Adjustment: Fourth Thursday of each month and third Thursday of November and December at 6 p.m. and other times as the schedule allows.
- Historic Preservation Commission: Fourth Tuesday of each month excluding December at 6 p.m. and other times as the schedule allows.
- Planning and Zoning Commission: Third Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. and other times as the schedule allows.
*Live broadcasts, the length of some meetings, and the timeliness of the meetings may affect the scheduled times.