Greenville, NCHome Menu
In an effort to accurately gauge satisfaction levels and perceptions of City services, the City of Greenville conducted a Citizens Survey in 2013, 2016, 2018, and 2021. The survey allows the City to accurately gather information from its residents about their priorities; identifies what the City is doing well and where it needs to improve; and helps City Council and staff develop priorities for where to focus efforts and resources.
The survey is the most accurate way for the City to hear from a large number of residents across the city and all demographics about what is important to them and how they want their tax dollars spent. 523 people completed the survey in 2021 via online forms and paper copies. The 2021 survey was scaled back from previous years to focus primarily on various aspects of City departments with future opportunities to dive deeper into services.
Results from 2021 were compared with 2018 and previous years to see how well the City government is improving to meet the needs and desires of the residents. The results will be utilized by the City Council to establish goals during the strategic planning process.
The 2021 survey concluded in November of 2021. An overview was presented to the City Council at its December 6, 2021 workshop meeting. A link to the presentation made to the City Council during that meeting is available here.
- Major service areas with the HIGHEST satisfaction ratings:
- Fire / Rescue / EMS
- Sanitation services (trash, recycling, and yard waste collection)
- Quality of Recreation and Parks programs and facilities
- City efforts to prevent crimes
- Most important focus areas for future investment:
- Stormwater management
- Infrastructure (streets, sidewalks, bike lanes, etc.)
- Public Safety (Fire/Rescue and Police)
- Enforcement of codes and ordinances